- Tottenham Hotspur were the first team in North London - established in 1882.
- First non - League to win the F.A.Cup in 1901 - defeated Sheffield United 3-1 in Replay at Bolton, following 2 - 2 draw at Crystal Palace.
- First team to wear numbers on their shirts - Spurs led the campaign for this and in 1939 for their F.A.Cup against Watford they wore numbered jerseys and won 7 - 1.
- First team in 20th century to win the 'impossible' Double - in 1960 - 61, managed by Bill Nicholson, they won the 1st Division with 31 wins and defeated Leicester City 2-0 in the F.A.Cup Final at Wembley.
- Signed Jimmy Greaves from AC Milan in 1961 for £99,999 so that he wouldn't be the first £100,000 player.
- First British team to win a European trophy - European Cup Winners' Cup - defeating Atletico Madrid 5 - 1 in the Final in Rotterdam.
- The club that set transfer records throughout the 50s, 60s and 70s.
- First British team to win two European trophies - E.U.F.A. Cup - in 1971 - 72, defeating Wolves in the Final.
- The club which signed two Argentinean World Cup stars in 1978 - Ossie Ardiles and Ricky Villa.
- The first club to become a plc.
Monday, February 27, 2006
Bill Nicholson, Tottenham's greatest manager.
Tottenham Hotspur lead the way, set the standards, others follow.